Projects per year
We work with animals, plants and microorganisms in terrestrial, freshwater and marine systems, examining the impacts of natural and anthropogenic environmental changes on biological systems from genes to ecosystems. This includes:
- Molecular processes behind adaptation and evolution of microbes, algae, animals and plants to their environments
- Population, community and landscape ecology, from the Amazon to the Polar Oceans
- Movement ecology of birds and other animals, and the role of migration as a response to environmental change
- Biogeochemical cycles of carbon, nitrogen, sulphur and oxygen in the oceans, including primary productivity and production and consumption of biogenic trace gases
- Solving the challenges of environmental change, pollution and overexploitation on ecosystem services and conservation of biodiversity.
We collaborate with staff in the School of Biological Sciences on ecology, conservation, evolution and environmental microbiology and we also collaborate with colleagues at John Innes Centre, Earlham Institute and the Quadram Institute.
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
1/10/20 → 31/03/24
Mock, T., Apr 2021, In : Nature Biotechnology. 39, 4, p. 499–509 11 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile31 Citations (Scopus)13 Downloads (Pure)
Hernández, M., Gessesse, A., Murrell, J. C. & Øvreås, L., Mar 2021, In : Microorganisms. 9, 3, 477.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)2 Downloads (Pure)
Burnside, J., Salliss, D., Collar (Birdlife International), N. & Dolman, P., 13 Jul 2021, In : Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS). 118, 28, e2026378118.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile