Projects per year
The Norwich Epidemiology Centre (NEC) is a joint venture between UEA’s Norwich Medical School, School of Health Sciences and School of Computing Sciences. The NEC leads UEA epidemiology research and welcomes collaboration with a wide range of groups undertaking population-based studies.
For more information, visit the Norwich Epidemiology Centre website.
The Centre will provide a focus for the existing expertise within UEA, enabling researchers with complementary interests to exchange ideas and develop integrative research into population health through epidemiological research.
Specifically it aims to:
- Promote ‘population-based’, non-intervention, health and social care related academic studies, i.e. epidemiological studies.
- Develop the presence and organisation to compete for large grants and potentially doctoral training centres.
- Facilitate access to publicly available, and locally held, health-related and social care databases for the purposes of epidemiological research.
- Lead and support the writing of grant applications for associated epidemiological studies.
- Provide specific data management and data analyses for associated epidemiological studies.
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- Norwich Medical School - Senior Research Fellow in Epidemiology
- School of Health Sciences - Associate Professor in Behavioural Epidemiology
- Norwich Institute for Healthy Aging - Member
- Norwich Epidemiology Centre - Member
- Health Promotion - Member
Person: Research & Analogous, Research Group Member, Research Centre Member, Academic, Teaching & Research
Acute stress and PTSD among trauma-exposed children and adolescents: Computational prediction and interpretationZhang, J., Sami, S. & Meiser-Stedman, R., Dec 2022, In: Journal of Anxiety Disorders. 92, 102642.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
AiDAPT: automated insulin delivery amongst pregnant women with type 1 diabetes: a multicentre randomized controlled trial – study protocolLee, T. T. M., Collett, C., Man, M-S., Hammond, M., Shepstone, L., Hartnell, S., Gurnell, E., Byrne, C., Scott, E. M., Lindsay, R. S., Morris, D., Brackenridge, A., Dover, A. R., Reynolds, R. M., Hunt, K. F., McCance, D. R., Barnard-Kelly, K., Rankin, D., Lawton, J., Bocchino, L. E. & 6 others, , 5 Apr 2022, In: BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 22, 282.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile6 Downloads (Pure)
A multi-variate time series clustering approach based on intermediate fusion: A case study in air pollution data imputationAlahamade, W., Lake, I., Reeves, C. E. & De La Iglesia, B., 14 Jun 2022, In: Neurocomputing. 490, p. 229-245 17 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review2 Citations (Scopus)
Kulinskaya, Elena (Recipient), 31 Mar 2022
Prize: Other distinctionFile
Max Yates (Member)2022
Activity: Membership › External research organisation
Press / Media
9 items of Media coverage
Press/Media: Press / Media