My first career was in the software industry where I started as technical writer before moving to training and consultancy. In 1996 I joined Sheffield Hallam University where as senior lecturer in communication studies I led a Master's programme in technical and organisation communication. I became academic developer in 2012 with a specialisation in digital practice.
As academic developer at UEA, my key responsibilities are:
- teaching on the PGCert in Higher Education Practice
- co-ordinating the Academic Development CPD programme, and delivering some of the short courses (digital practice, creative learnig, research skills)
- providing ad-hoc consultancy and support to individuals, schools and faculties.
- digital practice
- scholarship of teaching and learning
- education for sustainable development
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
Master of Education, University of Cambridge
Award Date: 1 May 2008
Master of Arts, Université de Paris
Award Date: 1 Oct 1983
- Higher Education