Projects per year
Associate Professor (formerly Reader and Senior Lecturer) in Healthcare technologies, School of Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK (08/2020)
- Ignite (alumni) course, Cambridge Judge Business, University of Cambridge, UK. (07/2019)
- Lecturer in Drug Delivery and Tissue Engineering, School of Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK. (08/2013)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy, School of Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, UK. (2017)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Regenerative Medicine, Universities of Nottingham (02/2011)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Network for Excellence for Functional Biomaterials - NUI Galway, Ireland. (11/2009)
- PhD Toward advanced modular drug and gene delivery system, School of Pharmacy, Nottingham University, UK. (10/2006)
- Induction of Tendon-Specific Markers in Adipose-Derived Stem Cells in Serum-Free Culture Falcon, N. D., Riley, G. & Saeed, A. 29 May 2019, Tissue Engineering. Part C, Methods. 25, 7
- Synthesis and Fabrication of Surface-Active Microparticles Using a Membrane Emulsion Technique and Conjugation of Model Protein via Strain-Promoted Azide–Alkyne Click Chemistry in Physiological Conditions. Walden, G., Liao, X., Riley, G., Donell, S., Raxworthy, M. J. & Saeed, A., 20 Mar 2019, I Bioconjugate Chemistry. 30, 3, p. 531–535
- Saeed, A*; Francini, Nora; White, Lisa; Dixon, James; Gould, Toby; Rashidi, Hassan; Al Ghanami, Racha Cheikh; Hruschka, Veronika; Redl, Heinz; Saunders, Brian R.; Alexander, Cameron; Shakesheff, Kevin M. A thermoresponsive and magnetic colloid for 3D cell expansion and reconfiguration. Advanced Materials. 2015. Vol. 27, No. 4, 27.01.2015, p. 662–668.
- Saeed, A*, Newland, Ben; Pandit, Abhay; Wang, Wenxin. The reverse of polymer degradation: in situ crosslinked gel formation through disulfide cleavage. Chemical Communications, Vol. 48, No. 4, 01.01.2012, p. 585-587.
Key Research Interests and Expertise
My background and expertise span across several disciplines including polymer science (Chemistry), pharmaceutical formulation (Pharmacy), and tissue engineering and regenerative medicine (Biology and Medicine), in particular:
- Design and synthesis of biodegradable, stimuli sensitive (temperature and pH) and functionalised polymers using controlled/living polymerisation techniques (ROP, RAFT and ATRP),
- Fabrication of colloidal nano- and micro-carriers for targeted and controlled-release delivery of biopharmaceuticals, conventional drugs, biopolymers and therapeutic proteins.
- Design and Synthesis of three-dimensional (3D) cell culture materials as injectable and implantable cell delivery systems.
My current research is focused on development of novel technology platforms for application in Drug Delivery and Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
- Acellular 3D biomaterial matrices for use in cellular expansion (In vitro use)
- Injectable hydrogels as cellular and therapeutic proteins delivery system (In vivo cellular based therapy)
- 3D printing of complex cellular organisation and tissue-like pattern
- Design, synthesis and characterisation of polymeric nanoparticulate drug delivery system
- Targeted therapeutics for cancer treatment with “Smart” nanomaterial with controlled-release features
Course Director MPHARM PHARMACY WITH A FOUNDATION YEAR
Course Director BSC PHARMACOLOGY AND DRUG DISCOVERY WITH FOUNDATION YEAR
Disability Liasion Officer
Tissue Engineering Special Topic Leader
Recent Appointee In Polymer Science1 Oct 2015 → 1 Oct 2018
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Lettice, F., Alexander, M., Askounis, A., Baker, A., Cammidge, A., Chao, Y., Fabian, L., Fielden, J., Hernaez Saenz De Zaitigui, M., Hui, O., Kaplani, E., Khimyak, Y., Liss, P., Lord, R., Marin, M. J., Mayes, A., Melendi-Espina, S., Nolte, S., Romanov, A., Saeed, A., Sobolewski, A., Tolhurst, T. & Wright, J.
6/11/20 → 5/05/22
1/01/17 → 31/12/19
1/01/17 → 31/12/19
Thermoresponsive hyperbranched copolymer with multi acrylate functionality for in situ cross-linkable hyaluronic acid composite semi-IPN hydrogelDong, Y., Hassan, W., Zheng, Y., Saeed, A. O., Cao, H., Tai, H., Pandit, A. & Wang, W., 1 Jan 2012, In : Journal of Materials Science-Materials in Medicine. 23, 1, p. 25-35 11 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article34 Citations (Scopus)
Evaluation of a thermoresponsive polycaprolactone scaffold for in vitro three-dimensional stem cell differentiationHruschka, V., Saeed, A., Slezak, P., Cheikh Al Ghanami, R., Feichtinger, G. A., Alexander, C., Redl, H., Shakesheff, K. & Wolbank, S., 14 Jan 2015, In : Tissue engineering. Part A. 21, 1-2, p. 310-319 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article10 Citations (Scopus)
Saeed, A. O., Newland, B., Pandit, A. & Wang, W., 1 Jan 2012, In : Chemical Communications. 48, 4, p. 585-587 3 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article18 Citations (Scopus)
Gelatin embedding for the preparation of thermoreversible or delicate scaffolds for histological analysisHruschka, V., Meinl, A., Saeed, A., Cheikh Al Ghanami, R., Redl, H., Shakesheff, K. & Wolbank, S., Aug 2013, In : Biomedical Materials. 8, 4, p. 041001
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article4 Citations (Scopus)
“One-step” Preparation of Thiol-Ene Clickable PEG-Based Thermoresponsive Hyperbranched Copolymer for In Situ Crosslinking Hybrid HydrogelDong, Y., Saeed, A. O., Hassan, W., Keigher, C., Zheng, Y., Tai, H., Pandit, A. & Wang, W., 27 Jan 2012, In : Macromolecular Rapid Communications. 33, 2, p. 120-126 7 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article69 Citations (Scopus)
Aram Saeed (Speaker)1 Jul 2020
Activity: Participating in or organising an event › Invited talk
Aram Saeed (Speaker)13 Sep 2018
Activity: Participating in or organising an event › Participation in conference