Projects per year
- Associate Professor in Healthcare Technologies (formerly Reader and Senior Lecturer), School of Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK (08/2020)
- Cambridge Judge Business, University of Cambridge, UK, Ignite (alumni) course. (07/2019)
- Lecturer in Drug Delivery and Tissue Engineering at the University of East Anglia's School of Pharmacy in Norwich, UK.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, School of Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, UK (08/2013). (2017)
- University of Nottingham Postdoctoral Research Associate, EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Regenerative Medicine (02/2011)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate at NUI Galway's Network for Excellence in Functional Biomaterials. (11/2009)
- PhD student at Nottingham University's School of Pharmacy working on an advanced modular drug and gene delivery system. (10/2006)
Key Research Interests
Polymer science (Chemistry), pharmaceutical formulation (Pharmacy), and tissue engineering and regenerative medicine (Biology and Medicine) are among my areas of expertise.
Using controlled/living polymerisation techniques, we designed and synthesised biodegradable, stimuli sensitive (temperature and pH), and functionalised polymers (ROP, RAFT and ATRP),
Colloidal nano- and micro-carriers are being developed for the controlled and targeted release of biopharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals, biopolymers, and therapeutic proteins.
Three-dimensional (3D) cell culture materials were designed and synthesised for injectable and implantable cell delivery systems.
- My current research is centred on the creation of novel technological platforms for use in drug delivery, tissue engineering, and regenerative medicine.
- 3D acellular biomaterial matrices for cell growth (In vitro use)
Injectable hydrogels as a delivery system for cellular and therapeutic proteins (In vivo cellular based therapy)
- A polymeric nanoparticulate drug delivery system was designed, synthesised, and characterised. Complex cellular organisation and tissue-like patterns can be printed in 3D. Cancer treatments based on "smart" nanomaterials with controlled-release properties
- Intestinal 3D cell culture system development for studying health and disease
- Director of Innovation
- Course Director MPHARM PHARMACY WITH FOUNDATION YEAR
- Course Director BSC PHARMACOLOGY AND DRUG DISCOVERY WITH FOUNDATION YEAR
- Tissue Engineering Special Topic Leader
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
Recent Appointee In Polymer Science
1 Oct 2015 → 1 Oct 2018
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Lettice, F., Alexander, M., Askounis, A., Baker, A., Cammidge, A., Chao, Y., Fabian, L., Fielden, J., Hernaez Saenz De Zaitigui, M., Hui, O., Kaplani, E., Khimyak, Y., Liss, P., Lord, R., Marin, M. J., Mayes, A., Melendi-Espina, S., Nolte, S., Romanov, A., Saeed, A., Sobolewski, A., Tolhurst, T. & Wright, J.
6/11/20 → 31/08/22
1/01/17 → 31/12/19
1/01/17 → 31/12/19
Thermoresponsive hyperbranched copolymer with multi acrylate functionality for in situ cross-linkable hyaluronic acid composite semi-IPN hydrogelDong, Y., Hassan, W., Zheng, Y., Saeed, A. O., Cao, H., Tai, H., Pandit, A. & Wang, W., 1 Jan 2012, In: Journal of Materials Science-Materials in Medicine. 23, 1, p. 25-35 11 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review37 Citations (SciVal)
Evaluation of a thermoresponsive polycaprolactone scaffold for in vitro three-dimensional stem cell differentiationHruschka, V., Saeed, A., Slezak, P., Cheikh Al Ghanami, R., Feichtinger, G. A., Alexander, C., Redl, H., Shakesheff, K. & Wolbank, S., 14 Jan 2015, In: Tissue Engineering: Part A. 21, 1-2, p. 310-319 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review11 Citations (Scopus)
Saeed, A. O., Newland, B., Pandit, A. & Wang, W., 1 Jan 2012, In: Chemical Communications. 48, 4, p. 585-587 3 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review19 Citations (Scopus)
Gelatin embedding for the preparation of thermoreversible or delicate scaffolds for histological analysisHruschka, V., Meinl, A., Saeed, A., Cheikh Al Ghanami, R., Redl, H., Shakesheff, K. & Wolbank, S., Aug 2013, In: Biomedical Materials. 8, 4, p. 041001
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review4 Citations (Scopus)
“One-step” Preparation of Thiol-Ene Clickable PEG-Based Thermoresponsive Hyperbranched Copolymer for In Situ Crosslinking Hybrid HydrogelDong, Y., Saeed, A. O., Hassan, W., Keigher, C., Zheng, Y., Tai, H., Pandit, A. & Wang, W., 27 Jan 2012, In: Macromolecular Rapid Communications. 33, 2, p. 120-126 7 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review75 Citations (Scopus)
Aram Saeed (Speaker)1 Jul 2020
Activity: Participating in or organising an event › Invited talk
Aram Saeed (Speaker)13 Sep 2018
Activity: Participating in or organising an event › Participation in conference