Projects per year
Tel: +44 (0)1603 591145
Location: MED Flr 2 Med 2.28
- July 2007: M.D. in Community Paediatrics, School of Medicine, University of East Anglia, UK
- Sept.2003:M.Sc . in Community Paediatrics, Child Health Department, Queen’s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, UK
- Dec. 1992:M.B.B.Ch, Faculty of Medicine, University of Minia, Egypt
Research interests are broad and include:
- Research synthesis.
- Physical, mental and emotional well-being of children.
Key Research Interests and Expertise
Selected recent publications
1. Hooper L, Abdelhamid A, Brainard J, Deane KHO, Song F. Creation of a database to assess effects of omega-3, omega-6 and total polyunsaturated fats on health: methodology for a set of systematic reviews. BMJ open 2019;9(5):e029554. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2019-029554.
2. Abdelhamid AS, Martin N, Bridges C, Brainard JS, Wang X, Brown TJ, Hanson S, Jimoh OF, Ajabnoor SM, Deane KH, et al. Polyunsaturated fatty acids for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews 2018;11:Cd012345. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD012345.pub3.
3. Abdelhamid AS, Brown TJ, Brainard JS, Biswas P, Thorpe GC, Moore HJ, Deane KH, AlAbdulghafoor FK, Summerbell CD, Worthington HV, et al. Omega-3 fatty acids for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews 2018;11:Cd003177. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD003177.pub4.
4. Hooper L, Al-Khudairy L, Abdelhamid AS, Rees K, Brainard JS, Brown TJ, Ajabnoor SM, O'Brien AT, Winstanley LE, Donaldson DH, et al. Omega-6 fats for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews 2018;11:Cd011094. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD011094.pub4.
5. Friedemann Smith C, Nieto-Hernandez R, Abdelhamid A. Developing clinical guidelines with scant evidence approaches taken and lessons learnt. Archives of disease in childhood Education and practice edition 2018;103(2):78-81. doi: 10.1136/archdischild-2017-313491.
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 8 Finished
28/10/19 → 31/12/19
1/11/14 → 31/12/15
Omega-3 and polyunsaturated fat for prevention of depression and anxiety symptoms: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised trialsDeane, K. H. O., Jimoh, O. F., Biswas, P., O'Brien, A., Hanson, S., Abdelhamid, A. S., Fox, C. & Hooper, L., Mar 2021, In : The British Journal of Psychiatry. 218, 3, p. 135-142 8 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile13 Citations (Scopus)43 Downloads (Pure)
Dietary acid-base load and its association with risk of osteoporotic fractures and low estimated skeletal muscle mass.Hayhoe, R., Abdelhamid, A., Luben, R., Khaw, K-T. & Welch, A., 1 Aug 2020, In : European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 74, p. 33-42 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile4 Downloads (Pure)
Effects of Dietary or Supplementary Micronutrients on Sex Hormones and IGF-1 in Middle and Older Age: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisJanjuha, R., Bunn, D., Hayhoe, R., Hooper, L., Abdelhamid, A., Mahmood, S., Hayden-Case, J., Appleyard, W., Morris, S. & Welch, A., 18 May 2020, In : Nutrients. 12, 5, 21 p., 1457.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)23 Downloads (Pure)
Hooper, L., Abdelhamid, A., Jimoh, O., Bunn, D. & Skeaff, C. M., 1 Jun 2020, In : Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2020, 6, CD013636.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile7 Citations (Scopus)45 Downloads (Pure)
High variability of food and nutrient intake exists across the Mediterranean Dietary Pattern- a systematic reviewAbdelhamid, A., Jennings, A., Hayhoe, R. P. G., Awuzudike, V. E. & Welch, A. A., Sep 2020, In : Food Science and Nutrition. 8, 9, p. 4907-4918 12 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)11 Downloads (Pure)