Projects per year
- Senior Analyst, Health and Well-being group, RAND Europe, Cambridge (June 2021-present)
- Senior Research Associate, HEG, UEA (October 2019 to June 2021)
- Arthritis Research UK Foundation Fellowship award (2011 - October 2019)
- PhD. Health Economics University of East Anglia (Jan 2008 – August 2011)
- MRC PhD Studentship University of East Anglia (2007-2011)
- MSc. Health Economics University of York (2002)
- BSc Occupational Therapy, University of East Anglia 2 (i) (1999)
- Diploma. Health Sciences, University of East Anglia (2007)
- Member of the UK Health Economics Study Group (HESG)
Key Research Interests
My research interests include, competition, procurement and decision making in the medical devices industry, and economic evaluation alongside clinical trials.
Arthritis Research UK Foundation Fellowship award (2011- 2014)
"Performance, regulation and competition in medical devices: a case-study on hip prostheses"
Sponsor: Dr Garry Barton (UEA), Advisors: Professor Bruce Lyons (UEA), Professor Andrew Street (University of York)
Action Arthritis (2008-2010)
"The short-term costs and outcomes of total hip and knee replacement surgery"
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Charlotte Davies, Mr Simon Donell, Professor Miranda Mugford, Professor Alex MacGregor, Dr Paula Lorgelly
MRC PhD Studentship University of East Anglia (2007-2011)
"3 essays on the economics of the alternative prostheses used in primary total hip replacement surgery"
Charlotte Davies, Professor Ruth Hancock, Professor Miranda Mugford, Professor Alex MacGregor, Dr Paula Lorgelly
- Quantitative Methods
- Markets for Health Care
- MSc in Health Economics, The Market for Health Care I and Health Systems - an NHS perspective
- Academic Advisor to MSc Health Economics students.
- Graduate teaching assistant - Department of Economics, University of East Anglia, Modules 2011 (BA Economics): Introductory Microeconomics & Quantitative Methods.
Doctor of Health Science, University of East Anglia
Award Date: 1 Jan 2011
Master of Economics, University of York
Award Date: 1 Jan 2002
Bachelor of Science, University of East Anglia
Award Date: 1 Jan 1999
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
To collect and analyse data on the short term costs and outcomes of total hip and knee replacement surgery in patients undergoing joint replacement at the NNUH, using the Oxford Hip/Knee score, EQ-5D and a resource use and expenditure questionnaire
1/01/09 → 30/06/11
Davies, C. & Davies, S., Oct 2021, In: Social Science & Medicine. 287, 114055.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Weatherly, H. & Davies, C., 1 Jun 2021, In: British Journal of Occupational Therapy. 84, 6, p. 329-331 3 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Editorial › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)5 Downloads (Pure)
The supply side to procurement in a health market: competition and innovation in hip implants. CCP Working Paper 20-1.Davies, C., 12 Dec 2019, 25 p.
Research output: Working paper
Direct health costs of inflammatory polyarthritis 10 years after disease onset: Results from the Norfolk Arthritis RegisterNikiphorou, E., Davies, C., Mugford, M., Cooper, N., Brooksby, A., Bunn, D., Verstappen, S. M. M., Young, A., Symmons, D. P. M. & Macgregor, A., May 2015, In: Journal of Rheumatology. 42, 5, p. 794-798 5 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile4 Citations (Scopus)13 Downloads (Pure)
Davies, C. & Lorgelly, P., 17 Dec 2013, Norwich: Centre for Competition Policy, p. 1-37, 37 p. (Working paper series).
Research output: Working paper