Projects per year
Key Research Interests and Expertise
I am a molecular biologist interested in RNA silencing. We use several model systems (human, mouse, virus, etc.). Our research combines genetics, cell and molecular biology with next generation sequencing and bioinformatics to study the role of microRNAs in various biological processes.
Current Research Projects
- The role of small RNAs in metastatic cancer
- Investigating the miR-140/HDAC4/RUNX2 signalling axis in embryonic development
- Single cell RNA-seq in circulating tumour cells
- Biological function of RNA structure
- Improving methods in next generation sequencing studies
Life in our research group
We use molecular techniques to study small RNAs that regulate the expression of protein coding genes. Our research is a mix of basic science and translational medicine. The weekly lab meeting is shared with several other groups interested in molecular disease mechanisms. We collaborate nationally and internationally.
Click here for current Ph.D. opportunities at Norwich Medical School. Please feel free to email me to discuss projects outside of these areas and alternative sources of funding.
Postdocs & Fellows
Please feel free to approach me to discuss possibilities.
- Lecturer in RNA Biology, University of East Anglia (2018-present)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of East Anglia (2017-2018)
- Ph.D. Molecular Biology, University of East Anglia (2017)
- Research Associate, University of East Anglia (2010-2013)
- Genetic Technologist, Addenbrooke's Hospital (2009-2010)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biology, University of East Anglia (2009)
- Editorial board member for FEBS Open Bio & Journal of Bone Oncology
- Grant reviewer for BCRT & Big C
- Board of Trustees for Bone Cancer Research Trust
- Project Lead for Genomics England "100,000 Genomes Project" (Sarcoma & Childhood Cancer)
- Sub-project organiser in a UK consortium PBCMetNet "Primary Bone Cancer Metastasis Network"
- Invited speaker to meetings in the UK and USA
- Year 1 PBL
- Year 1 Genetics
- Year 2 Biochemistry
- Year 3 Cancer Genetics
- Year 3 Clinical Biochemistry
- Year 3 Research Dissertation
- M.Res. Clinical Science
- Ph.D. Biomedicine
- MBBS Medicine Degree Interview Panel
- MBBS Medicine Undergraduate Personal Advisor
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
5/01/21 → 4/01/22
Coexistent CYP24A1 and PHEX Gene Mutations With Hypervitaminosis D Plus Hypercalcemia Treated With FluconazoleBawden, D., Fraser, W., Green, D. & Rehman, S. U., 21 Jul 2021, In : Journal of the Endocrine Society. 5, 1, A188.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Abstract
miR-7b-3p exerts a dual role after spinal cord injury, by supporting plasticity and neuroprotection at cortical levelGhibaudi, M., Boido, M., Green, D., Signorino, E., Berto, G. E., Pourshayesteh, S., Singh, A., Di Cunto, F., Dalmay, T. & Vercelli, A., 31 Mar 2021, In : Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences. 8, 618869.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile10 Downloads (Pure)
Schoenmakers, I., Piec, I., Baban, S., Barebring, L., Green, D., Washbourne, C. J., Tang, J. C. Y., Fraser, W. D. & Augustin, H., 1 May 2020, In : Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 199, 105611.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile11 Downloads (Pure)
Green, D., Eyre, H., Singh, A., Taylor, J., Chu, J., Jeys, L., Sumathi, V., Coonar, A., Rassl, D., Babur, M., Forster, D., Alzabin, S., Ponthan, F., McMahon, A., Bigger, B., Reekie, T., Kassiou, M., Williams, K., Dalmay, T., Fraser, W. & 1 others, , 13 Aug 2020, In : Oncogene. 39, 33, p. 5553–5569 17 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)37 Downloads (Pure)
Green, D., Dalmay, T., Dasgupta, I. & Mukherjee, S., Nov 2019, In : Virology. 537, p. 208-215 8 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile3 Citations (Scopus)8 Downloads (Pure)