Projects per year
- Vice Chancellor
- Deputy Vice Chancellor
- From September 2014 Vice-Chancellor, University of East Anglia
- From August 2012 Deputy Vice Chancellor, University of East Anglia
- From August 2011 Pro-Vice Chancellor, Enterprise & Engagement, University of East Anglia
- Jan 2008-July 2011 Executive Dean, Faculty of Science, University of East Anglia
- Aug 2004-Dec 2007 Associate Dean, Faculty of Science, University of East Anglia
- June 2001-present Professor of Microbial Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences,
- University of East Anglia
- Oct 1998-June 2001 Reader, School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia
- June 1991-Oct 1998 Lecturer, School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia
- Oct 1988-May 1991 Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford
Key Research Interests and Expertise
- Respiratory flexibility in Bacteria
- Electron transfer at microbe-mineral interfaces
- New approaches to studies of the nitrogen cycle in wastewater treatment plants
- Biochemistry, genetics, and molecular ecology of bacterial denitrification
- The regulation of bacterial nitrous oxide production
- Novel methods for second generation bioalcohol production
- Nitric oxide metabolism in pathogens and leguminous root nodules
- Bacterial semi-conductor mediated photocatalysis
- Enzyme based biosensors for nitrogen oxides and nitrogen oxyanions
- Microbial electrocatalysis
- Member of BBSRC Council 2012-2016
Areas Of Expertise
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
1/11/19 → 31/10/22
1/02/18 → 30/09/21
1/01/18 → 30/09/21
Bond, P., Richardson, D. & Hu, S.
1/04/18 → 31/03/21
Richardson, D. J., Gates, A. J. & Delgado, M. J., 2021, Advances in Microbial Physiology. Poole, R. K. & Kelly, D. J. (eds.). Elsevier, Vol. 78. p. 259-315 57 p. (Advances in Microbial Physiology).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter (peer-reviewed)
Moeller, S., Payá, G., Bonete, M. J., Gates, A. J., Richardson, D., Esclapez, J. M. & Rowley, G., 17 May 2021, In : Frontiers in Environmental Science. 9, 660055.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review articleOpen AccessFile5 Downloads (Pure)
Richardson, D. J. & Martínez-espinosa, R. M., 8 Dec 2020, In : Frontiers in Microbiology. 11, 605859.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile5 Downloads (Pure)
nosX is essential for whole cell N2O reduction in Paracoccus denitrificans but not for assembly of copper centres of nitrous oxide reductaseBennett, S., Torres, M., Soriano-Laguna, M., Richardson, D., Gates, A. J. & Le Brun, N., Oct 2020, In : Microbiology. 166, 10, p. 909–917 9 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile2 Citations (Scopus)23 Downloads (Pure)
Richardson, D. J., Paquete, C. M. & Clarke, T. A., Apr 2020, In : Protein Science. 29, 4, p. 830-842 13 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile14 Citations (Scopus)38 Downloads (Pure)