Projects per year
- Vice Chancellor
- Deputy Vice Chancellor
- From September 2014 Vice-Chancellor, University of East Anglia
- From August 2012 Deputy Vice Chancellor, University of East Anglia
- From August 2011 Pro-Vice Chancellor, Enterprise & Engagement, University of East Anglia
- Jan 2008-July 2011 Executive Dean, Faculty of Science, University of East Anglia
- Aug 2004-Dec 2007 Associate Dean, Faculty of Science, University of East Anglia
- June 2001-present Professor of Microbial Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences,
- University of East Anglia
- Oct 1998-June 2001 Reader, School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia
- June 1991-Oct 1998 Lecturer, School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia
- Oct 1988-May 1991 Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford
Key Research Interests and Expertise
- Respiratory flexibility in Bacteria
- Electron transfer at microbe-mineral interfaces
- New approaches to studies of the nitrogen cycle in wastewater treatment plants
- Biochemistry, genetics, and molecular ecology of bacterial denitrification
- The regulation of bacterial nitrous oxide production
- Novel methods for second generation bioalcohol production
- Nitric oxide metabolism in pathogens and leguminous root nodules
- Bacterial semi-conductor mediated photocatalysis
- Enzyme based biosensors for nitrogen oxides and nitrogen oxyanions
- Microbial electrocatalysis
- Member of BBSRC Council 2012-2016
Areas Of Expertise
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Devlopment Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
1/11/19 → 31/10/22
Bond, P., Richardson, D. & Hu, S.
1/04/18 → 31/03/21
1/02/18 → 30/09/21
1/01/18 → 30/09/21
Richardson, D. J., Gates, A. J. & Delgado, M. J., 2021, Advances in Microbial Physiology. Poole, R. K. & Kelly, D. J. (eds.). Elsevier, Vol. 78. p. 259-315 57 p. (Advances in Microbial Physiology).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter (peer-reviewed) › peer-review
Richardson, D. J. & Roldán, M. D., 26 Aug 2021, In: Scientific Reports. 11, 1, 17276 .
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile2 Downloads (Pure)
Moeller, S., Payá, G., Bonete, M. J., Gates, A. J., Richardson, D., Esclapez, J. M. & Rowley, G., 17 May 2021, In: Frontiers in Environmental Science. 9, 660055.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile9 Downloads (Pure)
Richardson, D. J. & Martínez-espinosa, R. M., 8 Dec 2020, In: Frontiers in Microbiology. 11, 605859.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile2 Citations (Scopus)6 Downloads (Pure)
nosX is essential for whole cell N2O reduction in Paracoccus denitrificans but not for assembly of copper centres of nitrous oxide reductaseBennett, S., Torres, M., Soriano-Laguna, M., Richardson, D., Gates, A. J. & Le Brun, N., Oct 2020, In: Microbiology. 166, 10, p. 909–917 9 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile2 Citations (Scopus)24 Downloads (Pure)