Projects per year
Norwich Clinical Trials Unit representative on NNUH/UEA Joint Research Office Research Governance Committee (February 2018 onwards)
Norwich Clinical Trials Unit representative on UKCRC CTU QA Forum (March 2015 onwards)
Norwich Clinical Trials Unit lead representative on NNUH/UEA Joint Research Office Research Governance Operations Group (March 2015 onwards)
- Norwich Clinical Trials Unit lead representative on NNUH/UEA Joint Research Office Operations Group (March 2015 onwards)
- RA Representative on IOH Executive Committee (October 2006 to October 2007)
Provide mentoring support on QA and Operational issues for CTUs seeking Provisional or Full Accreditation
- Operations Manager, Norwich Clinical Trials Unit (April 2015 to Current)
- Clinical Trials Project Manager/QA Lead, Norwich Clinical Trials Unit (March 2015 to April 2015)
- Senior Researcher, Research in Real Life Ltd and Optimum Patient Care Ltd (November 2007 to February 2015)
- Research Associate and UK CF Database Fellow, Institute of Health, University of East Anglia, 2004 to October 2007.
- UK CF Database Fellow, Maternal & Child Health Sciences, University of Dundee, 2001 to 2004
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow and Clinical Trials Coordinator, Asthma & Allergy Research Group, University of Dundee. 2000 to 2001
- Research Assistant and Clinical Trials Coordinator, Asthma & Allergy Research Group, University of Dundee. 1997 to 2000
- Research Assistant on project entitled ‘Predicting Drug Absorption From the Gastrointestinal Tract’, University of Manchester. 1993 to 1997
- BSc(Hons) in Biomedical Technology, Sheffield Hallam University, 1993
- PhD entitled ‘Regulation of Epithelial Tight Junctions’, Schools of Medicine and Pharmacy, University of Manchester, 2000.
Key Research Interests and Expertise
My research interests are:
- Efficient trial delivery methodology with specific interest in research delivery methods in primary care, care home and transitional care environments
- Health policy related to diagnosis and management of chronic disease
Research Group Membership
Population Health, Health Economics, BioMed
I deliver the 'Research Design Service and Clinical Trial Units and the Role of the PI’ lecture for the Foundations of Clinical Research module of the UEA MSc in Clinical Research
Doctor of Philosophy, University of Manchester
Award Date: 1 Jan 2000
Bachelor of Science, Sheffield Hallam University
Award Date: 1 Jan 1993
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
1/04/21 → 30/09/23
BabyBreathe Trial (A randomised controlled trial of a complex intervention to prevent return to smoking postpartum)
1/10/20 → 31/12/23
Musgrave, S. D., Shepstone, L., Hillier, E. V., Sims, E. J., Gilbert, R. F. T., Juniper, E. F., Ayres, J. G., Kemp, L., Blyth, A., Wilson, E. C. F., Wolfe, S., Freeman, D., Mugford, M., Murdoch, J. & Harvey, I., 5 May 2011, In : New England Journal of Medicine. 364, 18, p. 1695-1707 13 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile204 Citations (Scopus)7 Downloads (Pure)
The cost effectiveness of leukotriene receptor antagonists versus long acting beta-2 agonists as add-on therapy to inhaled corticosteroids for asthma: a pragmatic trialWilson, E. C. F., Price, D., Musgrave, S. D., Sims, E. J., Shepstone, L., Murdoch, J., Mugford, H. M., Blyth, A., Juniper, E. F., Ayres, J. G., Wolfe, S., Freeman, D., Gilbert, R. F. T., Hillyer, E. V. & Harvey, I., Jul 2010, In : PharmacoEconomics. 28, 7, p. 597-608 12 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article13 Citations (Scopus)
Economic implications of newborn screening for cystic fibrosis: a cost of illness retrospective cohort studySims, E. J., Mugford, M., Clark, A. B., Aitken, D., McCormick, J., Mehta, G. & Mehta, A., 2007, In : The Lancet. 369, 9568, p. 1187-1195 9 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article71 Citations (Scopus)
Sims, E. J., Clark, A., McCormick, J., Metha, G., Connett, G. & Metha, A., 2007, In : Pediatrics. 119, 1, p. 19-28 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article99 Citations (Scopus)
A Randomised controlled trial of Energetic Activity for Depression in Young people (READY): A multi-site feasibility trial protocolHowlett, N., Bottoms, L., Chater, A., Clark, A., Clarke, T., David, L., Irvine, K., Jones, A., Jones, J., Mengoni, S., Murdoch, J., Pond, M., Sharma, S., Sims, E., Turner, D., Wellsted, D., Wilson, J., Wyatt, S. & Trivedi, D., 4 Jan 2021, In : Pilot and Feasibility Studies. 7, 6.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile8 Downloads (Pure)