Projects per year
PPL Internationalisation Director
Lawrence Hardy is a senior lecturer whose teaching focuses on international relations and European studies.
Prior to entering academia he was a manager for 26 years with a major local authority in the UK.
- Annual Erasmus exchanges with HoWest University College, Kortrijk, Belgium
- Student internships and professional practice project placements
- Study and employability visit programmes to Geneva, Brussels, Kortrijk and elsewhere
Key Research Interests and Expertise
- Course Director: International Relations and Modern Languages
- School Employability Director
- School alumni representative
- Practitioner speaker programme organiser
- School Internationalisation team member
- European Institute for Asian Studies- international public seminars in Brussels on EU and its relationship with Asia. Attendees include locally based business and diplomatic actors, academics, and public servants.
- East of England UEA Brussels Office Partnership- relationship manager
Teaching interests focus on international relations, European studies, local government, and ensuring that students develop the skills required for successful study in higher education and have opportunities to enhance their employability. Previously taught subjects covered the EU’s role in international affairs, European media, politics and mass media, sub-national governance, Britain’s relationship with the rest of Europe, an introduction study of the European Union, and localism in Britain.