Projects per year
I am an academic gastroenterologist with an interest in the epidemiology of premalignant and malignant upper gastrointestinal disease. A key theme of my research is the application of epidemiological methods using routinely collected health data to develop interventions to improve outcomes in patients with upper gastrointestinal malignancy. My research background and training are in clinical epidemiology, including pharmacoepidemiology, clinical trials and systematic reviews. I am deputy director of the Norwich Academic Foundation Programme and module co-lead for the year 1 (MBBS) Medical Research Module.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Education, University of East Anglia, 2018
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy, 2018
- PhD, University of East Anglia, 2017
- Postgraduate diploma in health research, University of East Anglia 2015
- MRCP(Gastroenterology), Royal College of Physicians (UK), 2014
- MRCP(UK), Royal College of Physicians (UK), 2011
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, 2008
- Consultant Clinical Senior Lecturer in Gastroenterology (UEA) and Honorary Consultant Gastroenterologist (NNUH), 7/9/20
- NIHR Clinical Lecturer in gastroenterology, UEA 1/7/17
- Clinical Lecturer in gastroenterology, UEA 1/1/17
- NIHR Doctoral Research Fellow in gastroenterology, UEA 1/1/14
- Honorary Gastroenterology Registrar, NNUH 1/1/14
- NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow in Gastroenterology, NNUH, QEH and UEA, 3/8/11
- Core Medical Trainee, NNUH and JPUH, 4/8/10
- Academic Foundation Programme, JPUH, NNUH, UEA 6/8/08
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 2 Finished
Statins and oesophageal adenocarcinoma - a prospective cohort study investigating if statins are inversely associated with the risk of the malignant progression of Barrett's oesophagus and a feasibility randomised controlled clinical trial of statin use in preventing cancer recurrence in patients post-oesophagectomy
1/01/14 → 31/12/16
Endoscopic ultrasound-guided celiac plexus neurolysis (EUS-CPN) technique and analgesic efficacy in patients with pancreatic cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysisKoulouris, A., Alexandre, L., Hart, A. & Clark, A., Mar 2021, In : Pancreatology. 21, 2, p. 434-442 9 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article1 Citation (Scopus)
Alexandre, L. & Chan, S. S. M., 1 Mar 2021, In : Current Opinion in Gastroenterology. 37, 2, p. 121-127 7 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Statins as potential chemoprevention or therapeutic agents in cancer: A model for evaluating repurposed drugsJoharatnam-Hogan, N., Alexandre, L., Yarmolinsky, J., Lake, B., Capps, N., Martin, R. M., Ring, A., Cafferty, F. & Langley, R. E., Mar 2021, In : Current Oncology Reports. 23, 3, 29.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile3 Citations (Scopus)6 Downloads (Pure)
Alexandre, L., Clark, A. B., Walton, S., Lewis, M. P., Kumar, B., Cheong, E. C., Warren, H., Kadirkamanathan, S. S., Parsons, S. L., Dresner, S. M., Sims, E., Jones, M., Hammond, M., Flather, M., Loke, Y. K., Swart, A. M. & Hart, A. R., Feb 2020, In : BJS Open. 4, 1, p. 59-70 12 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile2 Citations (Scopus)14 Downloads (Pure)
Efficacy and safety profile of statins in patients with cancer: a systematic review of randomised controlled trialsThomas, J. P., Loke, Y. K. & Alexandre, L., Dec 2020, In : European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 76, 12, p. 1639-1651 13 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review articleOpen AccessFile2 Citations (Scopus)13 Downloads (Pure)