Projects per year
- BSc in mathematics, University of Warwick, 1987
- MSc in mathematics, University of Washington, 1991
- PhD in mathematics, Duke University, 1994
- Docent in mathematics, Umea University, 1999
- 2004-present, Professor in Computational Biology, UEA
- 2002-2004, Professor in Bioinformatics, Uppsala University, Sweden
- 1997-2002, Senior Lecturer, Mid Sweden University, Sweden
- 1996-1997, Research Fellow, Massey University, New Zealand
- 1996, Visiting Lecturer, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- 1994-1996, Postdoc, University of Bielefeld, Germany
Key Research Interests and Expertise
Vincent Moulton is a member of the Computational Biology Laboratory. His research interests include phylogenetics, computational biology of RNA, short RNAs, metatranscriptomics, algorithms in bioinformatics, and discrete structures such as graphs and finite metric spaces.
Director of Research for the School of Computing Sciences
Director of the Computational Biology Laboratory
Vincent Moulton is Professor in Computational Biology at University of East Anglia. After completing his undergraduate studies at University of Warwick in 1987, he moved to the USA, where he completed an MSc at University of Washington in 1991, and his PhD at Duke University in 1994. He then worked as a researcher at University of Bielefeld, DE, and University of Canterbury/Massey University, NZ. In 1997 he moved to Sweden, where he was employed as Senior Lecturer at Mid Sweden University and, as of 2002, Professor in Bioinformatics at Uppsala University. He joined University of East Anglia in 2004.
- Member of scientific advisory committee for 'Mathematical, Statistical and Computational Aspects of the New Science of Metagenomics' programme held at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences in 2014
- Program chair for Workshop in Algorithms in Bioinformatics, 2010
- Principal organiser of 4 month ‘Phylogenetics’ programme held at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences in 2007
- Erskine Fellow, university of Canterbury, New Zealand, 2005
- Visiting Professorship, University Montpellier, 2005
- Associate Editor for Journal Algorithms for Molecular Biology
- Associate Editor IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Inflammatory drivers of long-term comorbidity trajectories: an AI investigation of multimorbidity (INFLAIM)
4/01/21 → 8/10/21
Mackiewicz, M., Bagnall, T., Day, A., De La Iglesia, B., Milner, B., Parr, G., Ren, E., Cawley, G., Finlayson, G., Huber, K., Lettice, F., Aung, M. H., Harvey, R., Buckley, O., Laycock, S., Lines, J., Kulinskaya, E., Moulton, V. & Wang, W.
10/01/20 → 9/07/21
Huber, K., Moulton, V. & Spillner, A., 2 Jul 2021, In : Discrete Applied Mathematics. 302, p. 103-113 11 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Huber, K. T., Linz, S. & Moulton, V., Apr 2021, In : Journal of Mathematical Biology. 82, 5, 40.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile2 Downloads (Pure)
Moulton, V., Ellis, C., Edwards, D., Campbell, C., Cooper, R., Clark, J., Brewer, D. & Cooper, C., 12 May 2020, In : British Journal of Cancer. 122, 10, p. 1467–1476 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile3 Citations (Scopus)48 Downloads (Pure)
Convergence of Prognostic Gene Signatures Suggests Underlying Mechanisms of Human Prostate Cancer ProgressionLuca, B., Moulton, V., Ellis, C., Connell, S. P., Brewer, D. & Cooper, C., 16 Jul 2020, In : Genes. 11, 7, p. 1-15 15 p., 802.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)19 Downloads (Pure)
Huber, K., Lafond, M., Moulton, V., Noutahi, E. & Sautie Castellanos, M., 26 May 2020, In : Algorithms for Molecular Biology. 15, 1, 15 p., 12.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile2 Citations (Scopus)15 Downloads (Pure)