● reporting the “Sum of measured PCAs” because “Total PCAs” is currently unquantifiable.
● reporting individual chain lengths, e.g., ΣPCAs-C11, ΣPCAs-C13, allows easier comparability and allows toxicology and risk assessment to consider different PCA combinations.
● maintain studies on individual PCAs in order to better characterise chemical, environmental and health risk behaviour.
The terms could be extended in future to assimilate new findings on individual PCAs, multiple chlorination and chirality.
- Chain length congener group
- Chlorinated paraffins (CPs)
- Configurational isomer
- Homologue group
- PCA congeners
- PCA stereoisomer
- Polychlorinated alkanes (PCAs)
- Sum PCAs